Parsing metadata from files not as per listed formats

Currently trialling MCEBuddy and have been impressed so far with the features, however I seem to be struggling to match metadata based on the naming convention that my DVR uses. Is MCEBuddy capable of handling the format below:

I’m also assuming that MCEBuddy has no way of looking up metadata in a combined xml file that my DVR produces? This file has some metadata and the file names for all recordings. Thanks in advance.

MCEBuddy support many formats including reading XML files (preferred), check out this topic for a complete list. If you’ve a new XML format we’ll need more details and samples and can look into adding support for it.

Hey @Goose, thanks for replying - I’ve been away and haven’t had chance to revisit this.

I read the topic you suggested before originally posting and I was’t able to extract metadata with the above the naming convention. Do you have any further advice? Thanks.

What is the next step to get support please @Goose?

I purchased the premium version of the software on the pretence that I would be able to get this working.

Best way to start is to attach the conversion log here so we can see what metadata is stored in the video file/xml and what’s being extracted.

It would also help to know what this “my DVR” product is that creates these .TS files this way.

Be aware that the “DD-MM-YYYY__HH-MM” notation is almost certainly the record date/time and that this will likely be unable to allow any determination of the actual episode or the original broadcast date for the show.

All that anyone can tell from that naming convention is that you recorded some unknown episode of “Program Name” on some channel on such and such date/time. There is no way to tell anything more unless there is some additional metadata inside the file put there by “your DVR”. That’s why @Goose asked for the log files, by the way.

So there may not be much that anyone or even MCEBuddy can do to identify more information about the recording when the information needed to do that just isn’t there to begin with. You shouldn’t expect a specific answer to your particular situation from asking a generic question with no details of those specifics for anyone to work from.

That’s why knowing what your DVR product is can help all of us help you. Either to offer more specific help or guidance to select a better DVR product and to tell other MCEBuddy users to avoid that one.