MKV Convert Audio only

I am looking to create a profile similar to the MKV Unprocessed, the file is already in MKV format and has no commercials so the video does not need any conversion, however I want to increase the volume by 20% and use the audio leveling option and convert it to strereo as well but those are greyed out when you choose that profile GUI

Is there a way I can add a profile that will allow me to use those options in the GUI but leave the video alone or add a profile that will just do those functions, Level the Audio, convert it to Stereo and increase it by 20% and just pass through the video as is.

You could try a profile like this (it copies the video but recodes the audio to AC3 allowing you to adjust the volume, keep in mind the video control while enabled won’t make any differnce)

[MKV Video Copy]
Description=Profile copies the video track but recodes the audio track to AC3.
order=ffmpeg
ffmpeg-general=-threads 0
ffmpeg-video=-ss 0 -vcodec copy -map 0:v -sn
ffmpeg-audio=-acodec ac3 -ab 192k -map 0:a
ffmpeg-audioac3=-acodec ac3 -ab 384k -map 0:a
ffmpeg-ext=.mkv
ffmpeg-audiodelay=skip
PreConversionCommercialRemover=true
FixedResolution=true
SkipCropping=true
AutoDeinterlace=false
1 Like

I think this is perfect for what I am looking for accept I need it to make the audio stereo, I was going to attempt to change the audio syntax but I am not 100% sure what it should be.

I think I just need to us add in -ac 2 like below, is that correct?

or could it be even simpler and add the line
2ChannelAudio=true

ffmpeg-audio=-acodec ac3 -ab 192k -ac 2 -map 0:a
ffmpeg-audioac3=-acodec ac3 -ab 384k -ac 2 -map 0:a

I just want to add this at the bottom so it maybe will show up in searches in the future, this fixes the terrible audio mixing in American Idol where the sound is normal and then if there is singing or any kind of music it turns to garbage.

it looks like adding -ac 2 did the trick, thanks for your help, this profile worked great

You can do it from the Conversion task page β†’ Uncheck the Multichannel audio

1 Like

Much easier to be able to use the GUI now I can use it in different profiles depending on the source, works great thanks for the help.