Conversion Failed

Hi all,

I’m getting conversion errors as part of my plex post processing script. Everything had been rock-solid until roughly 5 days ago. I’m using release 2.4.9

The really weird thing is that if I find the .TS files that failed conversion via the script and manually drag them into MCEBuddy, they seem to convert fine.

Log file:!AipRNNbyPsCgn7Rj61UbhiVki_rn3g

Thanks for the help! Will.

Looks like your NVIDIA graphics driver is failing:

2019-01-10T19:10:10 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.FFmpeg --> [AVHWDeviceContext @ 00000185553e1d80] Failed to create Direct3D device

Possibly it was updated recently, most common issue.

OR I also noticed that there’s no user logged in, although you’re running Win 10 and it should work without a user, but just incase:

2019-01-10T19:10:05 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.FFmpeg --> Starting process as a UISession process with Admin privileges. This requires atleast 1 user to be logged into the system (remote desktop or locally)
ERROR> 2019-01-10T19:10:05 --> StartAppWithAdminPrivilegesFromNonUISession WTSQueryUserToken failed (No logged on users) with error 1008. An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist.
WARNING> 2019-01-10T19:10:05 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.FFmpeg --> Unable to create UI Session process with Admin Privileges from NonUI Session. Is any user logged on?

It’s weird – there is a user logged in, the computer does autologin at boot – Plex runs in the user space, and I’ve included MCEBuddy in the start-up folder, just to be certain.

What I’m really confused about is that if I do a search for all *.TS files (the ones that error’d out), and manually reprocess them, they work fine with HW acceleration. Very weird.

Mail]( for Windows 10

Just speculating here. Could be a screen saver putting the system into a mode that’s not compatible with hardware acceleration like some sort of low power mode.

If it started recently it’s likely the graphics driver being updated or something related to it. The error is definitely coming from the graphics subsystem.

I think it was me that was doing something stupid: I replaced the installed version of ffmpeg with the latest build from ffmpeg. I think that (v4.1) must have some weird, inconsistent incompatibility.

Replacing it with the installed version seems to have corrected the problem for now while keeping the HW acceleration. Thanks very much! Will.

Mail]( for Windows 10