Video freezes for a few seconds in the begining

@mike808 @Goose after looking at 15 videos, I can say that none of them have freezing issues anymore. I finally figured out the issue, without the help of anyone else. I got to say, for having a “paid” version of mcebuddy the support has been HORRIBLE!

Can confirm, that fixed my issue @mike808 and @Goose , thanks @who_cares you are the man! and thanks for sharing with the rest of the forums. This might save someone else the aggravation you and I went through!

I also find the lack of support rather annoying. For one of my issues I noticed it had about 50 views but not 1 reply. It was like 2 months later I finally got a reply from anyone. When I did get a reply it was all stuff over my head. I did reply stating I have no idea what it meant and I haven’t heard a reply since. Its a shame really, guess this community has no time for us newbies to mcebuddy. We all have to start somewhere! I also have issue with the lack of documentation on how to tune comskip. It took me over 4 months to finally understand how to fine tune it by trial and error, and boy was that an annoying abd frustrating experience. They have no issue taking our money but when we need assistance I feel like 1) they are talking down to us noobs and 2) the lack of support. Make me thing on why I gave them my money in the first place

I didn’t get paid for my participation in trying to help. But thanks for calling out my spending my valuable time and effort volunteering to help as “HORRIBLE” in all caps.

If anyone has questions about how to use or configure Comskip, then I strongly urge you to go to the Comskip website and engage the authors and community to meet your support needs for using that software.

MCEBuddy is a side project of a very talented programmer who has put thousands of man-hours into assembling and integrating numerous different and very specialized software tools together into what you see as “MCEBuddy”.

If you think the money wasn’t worth it, ask for a refund. And try spending $50 of your time and effort to put together something better. If you can, I’ll buy it.

So I think your expectations on unlimited support at the level of multi-billion dollar companies that offer a competing product (which there aren’t any, btw) or to a multi-billion dollar company that sells millions of copies of their software to subsidize the price down to the same affordable level of MCEBuddy is a bit unfair and unreasonable.

Given a typical entry-level programmer contract rate is on the order of $50/hour, you can do the math and see how much support your money would pay for.

That’s not taking into account the decade of experience specifically in highly technical media formats and conversions, hostile DRM interests, multiple separate components with separate developers, development processes, communities, and bugfix processes, and even orphaned and abandoned components that will never be fixed or updated (like ShowAnalyzer) or even the Microsoft Media Center for Entertainment (MCE) that birthed MCEBuddy in the first place.

So I’m a bit offended at the insinuation that you’re not getting your money’s worth for a dedicated unlimited expert trained support team (that was never offered in the license or terms of use) or that this volunteer community trying to help you or the developer doing his best at a side gig (maybe he is unavailable because he is hospitalized with COVID or is looking for a job to support his family - not that he owes any of us an explanation) isn’t up to your expectations.

And since you figured it out on your own, thanks for your helping out the others that have/had this same issue by telling us what/how you fixed it. What a generous person you must be, and how happy we are for you to grace our community with your presence and valued contribution.

I don’t speak for @Goose. I’m just a satisfied customer, long-time user, paid for multiple copies because this software gives me that much value in saving my valuable time over any other solution. And I’ve read some of the media specs like the MPEG4-part10, audio codec specifications, and the MKV media container format specification, and I cannot be more thankful for @Goose’s expertise and programming to put all of those useful tools together into a simple workstream that I simply can “set it and forget it”.