Have each recorded TV show have their own folder

Hello all. I need help. I want each TV show episode recorded to show up in my TV SHOWS folder in their own folder, regardless of season. At the moment my tv shows show up in one folder and each episode is located within this folder but I want each episode to show up in their own folder. I have tried different renaming labels but they all show up in the same folder again.
Have anyone accomplish this? What is your renaming string look like. Thank you all so much.

You’ll probably need to have something like this for custom renaming:
%showname%-S%season%##E%episode%##-%episodename%\%showname%-S%season%##E%episode%##-%episodename%

1 Like

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I will give this a try and let you know :smiley: I have been trying different versions of this string with no success with many disasters.

HOLY MOLY THIS WORKS AMAZING!!! THANK YOU! Thank you for this. This string has solved my issues, pretty much all my concerns. Not only does this string give each episode its own folder Plex now shows the information of the show. Before it only showed the year & episode number, that is all. My whole issue was that Plex did not see all episodes when they were all contained in one folder (the season folder) But no that each episode has its own folder Plex sees it immediately.
Anyone reading this using Plex should copy this string and use it as an option.
THANK YOU SystemidleProcess for your help :smiley:

Glad it worked for you. I didn’t run into the issue with Plex needing each episode in its own folder. I used this page to help me determine how they should be output.

Based on this example: /TV Shows/ShowName/Season 02/ShowName – s02e17 – Optional_Info.ext
I used the following file rename pattern:
\%showname%\Season %season%##\%showname% - S%season%##E%episode%## - %episodename%
So, we will end up with a top level folder for the show name sub-folders for each season and all episodes for that season contained within.

Since show many shows are being remade I like to add the premier year to the showname folder if it’s available. Which if you look at the bottom of the Plex page I linked above they have the year. So, I use this pattern:
\%showname%%ifpremieredate%< (%premiereyear%),>\Season %season%##\%showname% - S%season%##E%episode%## - %episodename%