Visual indication of Monitor Locations

Request Type:
NEW FEATURE

MCEBuddy Version and Type (32bit or 64bit):
2.4.8 64 bit

Operating System and Type (32bit or 64bit):
Windows 10 64bit

Summary of the problem or suggestion:
The Monitor Locations option is very well hidden, and it is very hard to miss when it is on. The actual Select Monitor Locations checkbox is the only way to see the values associated with this option.

Steps to replicate the bug:
Suggestion is to put this on a separate line along with the number of locations chosen to the right and a separate button to access the locations themselves.

[ ] Select Monitor Locations 2 [Button to access]

Screenshots:

What if Select monitor locations were to be moved to the Selection filters box on the conversion task main here:

That would make more logical sense

My apologies, I’m actually talking about the Selection Filter in the picture below.
This is only a checkbox, and from the checkbox you can’t see which monitor locations are actually associated without unchecking and rechecking the box.

My preference would be to have a box that contains the selected monitor locations underneath the checkbox, or anything of that nature that would help in making this setting more clear.

Correct, I was suggesting moving that box to the previous page along with the “Selection filters”.
There is a lack to real estate to it’s not possible to include the list of monitor locations (it can go upto 30+ for some folks) so it’s required to open a new window. The checkbox can converted to a button if needed but the reason we initially decided to choose a checkbox was to let the know if anything was configured or not.

So there are two things here:

1. What’s the right location for this option
  2. How can the design of the option be optimized

i.e. what if it looked like:

This is fixed now, new UI implemented in 2.4.9 BETA build.

Thanks. Sorry, was not in front of a computer this past week…