Need help with customizing custom cuts edl files

I have been looking for a program like this for quite awhile now, and it’s almost perfect. Maybe it’s me, but I can’t find a way to change the “Action” number on the edl files when creating the cuts with CustomCuts.

For example:
70.893 90.363 0
1278.164 1294.000 0

Where I would like it to be:
70.893 90.363 3
1278.164 1294.000 3

CustomCut automatically selects “0” as the action, whereas I would like it to be “3” for use with Kodi. I don’t know why, but Kodi jump ahead a little past my cut time with “0”, but works perfectly with “3”

Seems like it should be an easy change, but I can’t find any info on what config file I could change.

**Edit to add info:

I want to do this to remove the intros and end credits from shows. We just play them in the background a lot and that theme music gets annoying after 30 years of Simpsons episodes. All the commercials are already removed since they are DVD rips. And Commskip doesn’t pick that up at all.

Thanks for any help!!

You can try to edit your comskip ini and set edl_skip_field=3.
Tuning Comskip and Custom Comskip INI's (Country / Channel specific)

I did try that, hoping it would affect Custom Cuts, but it didn’t. I am literally just looking for a fast way to create edl files for my massive TV collection. All the commercials are already cut out and they are in perfect, working format. I just want to remove the intros and ending credits.

Custom Cut does exactly what I want. Play a video, click where I want it to skip, and have it create an edl file. Custom Cut is perfect, I am not even using CommSkip. I don’t mind doing each one individually, I just don’t want 10 steps to do it. I was hoping there would be a config file for Custom Cut where I could change the 0 to 3 manually.

Moving this to feature request status

This feature has been added in today’s 2.5.6 BETA build. It’ll prompt you to select the type when saving as an EDL file.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! That’s going to save me some serious time!