MCEBuddy Version and Type (32bit or 64bit):
2.5.1 (02 Nov) - 64-bit
Operating System and Type (32bit or 64bit):
Windows 10 64-bit
Summary of the problem or suggestion:
I’ve been battling a Plex issue for some time:
Turns out that when enabling the metadata download in MCEBuddy, the video’s
Year value gets set to 1900. So it would seem the year is not being accurately captured and/or assigned.
Note that I disabled MCEBuddy’s metadata download and the year was no longer set. However, since there are several moving pieces here between MCEBuddy and Plex, there could be another variable at play here that I do not understand. I did not see anything else in settings that was obvious to this issue.
Year value would not be set which would allow Plex to set its own record on its side (for sorting purposes).
Steps to replicate the bug:
Enable metadata downloading, process video.