[BUG] MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.NVidiaQuery Misdetecting H.264/265 Capability When Multiple GPUs Present

Hi, I have multiple GPUs installed into my computer for no good reason at this point (one was set for dedicated PhysX). A GTX 670 and a GTX 1070.

When trying to use hardware encoding HVEC on my GPU, the MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.NVidiaQuery is only detecting the support on my GTX 670 (which doesn’t support HVEC). I tried using handbrake manually and it successfully will do HVEC on my 1070. I also removed my 670 from my machine and MCEBuddy works as expected (properly doing HVEC through my 1070)

Not a deal breaker but something I figured I should report.

Dual Nvidia GPUs (670 and 1070).log (3.0 MB) Single Nvidia GPU (1070).log (1.3 MB)

1 Like

Thanks for the logs and for reporting this. Fixed in today’s 2.5.4 beta build. It will take the first (primary) Nvidia GPU when multiple GPU’s are detected. Try it out.