MCEBuddy 2.4.8 64bit vs 2.4.11 64bit & Tivo Remux
I just made additional donations to MCEBuddy & Comskip.
I have 2 systems on which I run MCEBuddy, an XP with a dedicated line to HDHomeRun and a Dell G4 gaming laptop running Win10.
It’s the second that I use to download from my Tivo XL4 black and white or colorized westerns to run commercial free, after MCEBuddy, on a WDTV Live via thumbdrive at night if I can’t sleep or wake up.
These are generally small files and crunch quickly on the Win10 laptop. The shows might go weeks before I watch one. I found that sound was fine for the first half then gets out of sync. I tried to troubleshoot it today with a new comskip then went to the 2.4.11 64 bit version and conversions then failed. Since it was happening to all the shows, I just used one to keep testing. I have Spectrum and wondered if since they sell a no commercial westerns channel, they might have made changes to the channel I record. When I went to the 2.4.11, the shows would fail Tivo remux quickly.
So, I tried crunching the show on the XP machine which runs 2.3.15 and I got a converted file that also started sound out of sync half way through.
On the Win10 gaming laptop I renamed my comskip directory comskip.old but of course when it fails Tivo remux it doesn’t get to comskip.
On the Win10 laptop I just entered my Tivo Desktop Plus key but still dies at Tivo remux.
I’m running the stock, paid, comskip files.
On the Win10 machine I went back to an earlier version, 2.4 Beta 1, and I can again get past Tivo Remux and convert the file to mp4 but again there’s a sound sync glitch and it likely happens after a commercial cut. I thought it might be due to having temp directories on the D: drive instead of the solid state element but moving it to C: didn’t help. Trying another tivo file now.