Long title name sticks buddy in a loop

Request Type:
BUG

MCEBuddy Version and Type ( 64bit):

Operating System and Type ( 64bit):

Summary of the problem or suggestion:
Recording Christmas program using plex and It created a really long directory and file name. This stop mecbuddy from responding to any new files loaded into the directory and locks the file name directory. I stopped the service and the gui so I could change the name length.
here is the part of the log file
Unable to search for files in location C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV\HDHomeRun for monitor task Windows Default
ERROR : The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.

Steps to replicate the bug:
make a file directory and file name that exceeds the character limit. scan for entry check log file notice it loops on this error.
add another entry to same directory , note that the program will not detect the new file

Screenshots:

Yes bug found.

I was getting ERROR The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.

Mine did not loop just thru up error and stopped

Finally found 1 guilty file that was over 260 Characters - deleted it and no longer receive error.

FYI - Changing Registry with over 260 character fix did NOT fix this problem.

Fixed in today’s 2.5.6 BETA build. It’ll log an error for the problematic file/directory and move onto the next one.