[BUG] Incorrect metadata/rename S.W.A.T. (2017)


(Kenneth Kanipe) #1

S.W.A.T. S02E03 Fire and Smoke.ts-TV Shows-2018-10-12T08-41-03.1354241-04-00.log (181.0 KB)
S.W.A.T. S02E03 Fire and Smoke.ts-TV Shows-2018-10-12T08-51-35.7516978-04-00.log (180.8 KB)

I have an issue with this series being mis-identified. I have the custom conversion set up. Have tried a couple of different ways - using swat-2017 and also tried 328687.

Am I missing something? The other custom conversions I have set up seem to be working without issue.

Thanks for reading and any help!


(Goose) #2

You’re doing it correctly by using the TVDB ID, but you’ve hit a special case. When parsing metadata from filenames MCEBuddy is stripping out the last . so it the metadata replacement is working. It was originally designed to process filenames like Title name.S01E01.Episode name so it wasn’t expecting something like S.W.A.T.

I’m going to chalk this up as a bug.

Meanwhile a quick fix is in your metadata correction page match the title S.W.A.T (remove the last .) and correct it with the TVDB Id 328687 and it should work fine


(Goose) #3

Okay I think I found a nice way to handle it and patched it up. Now it can process special characters in filename metadata much better.

Try out todays 2.4.9 BETA build.


(Kenneth Kanipe) #4

Thanks! I will give it a try.


(Kenneth Kanipe) #5

Been a busy few days. Just got around to installing the beta. Just an FYI - does fix the issue that I was having.

Thanks again!