[BUG] IMDB API error


#1

Starting getting this error a couple of weeks ago. I’ve rebooted several times, etc. But still get this same error

2018-08-26T19:25:30 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Checking for metadata title and series correction
INFORMATION> 2018-08-26T19:25:30 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Downloading Series details
2018-08-26T19:25:30 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Meta correction results, dont’ overwrite title -> False
INFORMATION> 2018-08-26T19:25:30 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Force downloading metadatata from OMDB for IMDB ID -> XXXXXXXXXX
WARNING> --> Error retrieving IMDB episode details
Error -> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
_ at MCEBuddy.MetaData.IMDB.downloadIMDBDetails(String imdbId, Log jobLog)_
WARNING> --> Unable to bootstrap from IMDB

So tonight I updated from 2.4.7 (2/21/17 build) to the latest beta 2.4.9 (8/11/18 build) Same error. I don’t recall making any changes to the config files. Any suggestions on where to start?

Thank you in advance


(Goose) #2

Attach the conversion log and we can see what’s going on with the metadata.


#3

3 files are attached


(Goose) #4

Try again no attachments


#5

Ahh I delted all the junk verbage…which I guess was the files

Oceans 8_tt5164214.mkv-Torents-Best-2018-08-26T19-25-28.2710696-05-00.log (2.8 MB)
Black Water_tt5622412.mkv-Torents-Best-2018-08-26T19-55-21.7662965-05-00.log (2.8 MB)


#6

I Am Vengeance_tt5885106.mkv-Torents-Best-2018-08-26T21-34-18.3897809-05-00.log (2.6 MB)


(Goose) #7

Okay couple of things happening:

  1. The MKV metadata is reporting a Title of “EVA” so MCEBuddy is using that instead of trying to bootstrap using the filename IMDB tt ID.
  2. There are a few changes to IMDB metadata which require some updates to MCEBuddy metadata matching

The second one we can update, the first is going to be something to thing about, why is your file metadata reporting “EVA” for the Title?


#8

Guessing that is what the torrent file contained. The other 2 logs did contain files that had nothing in the file. All 3 had the IMDB name in the file name. I thought that always took precedence over any other data.

I figured something had changed with IMDB recently since the MCEBuddy version I had been running was over a year old. I was just surprised to find that no one else had reported it. Or I just didn’t’ search very well. :slight_smile:

I think the EVA in the file was a fluke, since that was the only file in the past 10 or so that converted like that. The others just didn’t being down the Meta data and set the mp4 file as a TV show vs Movie. But the name was parsed correctly.

I assume this is a new issue then and I’ll keep looking for a fix in a up coming build

Very rarely over the years has MCEBuddy failed me, that is why I pay year after year for it :slight_smile: Thank you for the good work


(Goose) #9

Fixed in today’s 2.4.9 BETA build. Try it out.


#10

Just started to rerun a file and it pulled the data beautifully. Thank you for the quick turn around.

You don’t ever ask…but I just dropped another $20 donation

Thank you.