[BUG] Custom File renaming not always taking into account static letters case


#1

Request Type:
BUG

MCEBuddy Version and Type (32bit or 64bit):
MCEButty 2.4 Beta 9 (26 Oct 2018) 64bit

Operating System and Type (32bit or 64bit):
Windows 10 64bit

Summary of the problem or suggestion:
The S and E in my custom file renaming are often lowercase.
%showname%\Season %season%##%showname% - S%season%##E%episode%## - %episodename%

Steps to replicate the bug:
Use %showname%\Season %season%##%showname% - S%season%##E%episode%## - %episodename% for custom file renaming string and convert multiple shows of the same show and season.


(Goose) #2

Unable to replicate this, can you attach the conversion log for files where the final filename case doesn’t match the rename pattern.


#3

Superstore - s04e05 - Delivery Day.mp4-PlayLater No Commercials TV Shows MKV-2018-11-02T22-27-01.6230091-06-00.log (429.9 KB)


(Goose) #4

This is an interesting one, in this case your original filename is Superstore - s04e05 - Delivery Day and your renaming pattern was Superstore - S04E05 - Delivery Day. The only difference between the original and destination file were the case of S and E and windows is case insensitive when it comes to renaming files so when MCEBuddy said change the filename, windows just ignored it.

We’ve put in a patch for this special case scenario. Thanks for reporting it, you can try it out in today’s 2.4.9 build.


#5

Thank you.
I checked out the Beta folder and it appears to be empty.
http://www.mcebuddy2x.com/MCEBuddy/EARLY_ACCESS/2.4.9_BETA/


(Goose) #6

Check back in a while, the system is still rebuilding the beta versions.


#7

Fix worked perfectly. Thank you for the quick resolution.