All audio tracks not preserved when using Unprocessed profile

I have noticed an issue where only 1 audio track is being kept when 2 are recorded, I am using the MKV Unprocessed profile with Comskip enabled.
The recordings are recorded using NextPVR and when they are processed it is only keeping 1 of the audio tracks which is the one with audio description.
Is there any way to ensure all tracks are kept? The description for MKV unprocessed says that video/audio is untouched so I’m unsure why it’s not working.

Please attach your conversion log so we can see what’s going.

I have uploaded a log of one of the shows I know did this to the ftp site
It wasn’t set to debug though, so let me know if you want me to re-do the logs and i will do some test recordings. It only seems to happen on shows on ITV or Channel 4 in the UK

Hi,
Just wondering if you’ve had chance to look at this as yet? My wife keeps asking me to fix it but I’m unsure how to lol

Your logs show that you’ve enabled the option to Select best soundtrack so it’s only retaining the best audio track and discarding the rest.

Uncheck that option in the Conversion Task settings and it should retain all the audio tracks.

Hi,
The nearest I can find is select best soundtrack and this option is greyed out and permanently checked?
Any thoughts?
I am using MKV Unprocessed which I believe should keep all audio tracks?

Try updating to the latest 2.5.2 release of MCEBuddy

I updated to this last night so will see if it makes any difference, will schedule a few recordings a s test…

I think I have managed to achieve the result I wanted by changing the audio track option to “English”

It was keeping the first track which was “nar” which was the audio description

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, it’s a bug in the 2.5.1 release.
You should be able to unselect the option to Select the best soundtrack for an Unprocessed profile in today’s 2.5.3 BETA build.

Meanwhile your workaround is also works to select the appropriate soundtrack by language but with today’s 2.5.3 BETA build you should be able to retain all audio tracks for an Unprocessed profile.

1 Like