Huge dup files in temp folder?

Hi all,
I installed PLEX and started to use MCE Buddy to test it out.
No I see out-of-disk space warnings every so often.
I Identified files with names like “dup-2c56d288-58b9-4353-b8e6-29003b45c007” and a size of 10 to 15 GB in “C:\Users{username}\AppData\Local\Temp”.
They are binary, but include a string “manifest” at the beginning and later something like “x264 - core 130 r2273 b3065e6 - H.264/MPEG-4 AVC codex - Copyleft 2003-2013 - x264, the best H.264/AVC encoder - VideoLAN - options: cabac-0 ref=2 deblock=1:0:0 analyse=0x3:0x113 me=hex subme=71”
This makes me thing it is some kind of video file or used in some kind of conversion process?
Anyone out there have an idea where this is coming from and how to avoid/limit its size?

Thanks,
Thm

What I can say is that it isn’t coming from mcebuddy. Mcebuddy only uses the temp folder that is configured in the system settings page or if left blank it’s the installation folder and it clears all temp files after a conversion. It doesn’t use this folder.

Use a directory monitoring app to track down which app is generating these files.

Thanks. Any suggestions for such a directory monitoring app?

Thomas Muehlherr

Mystery solved. Thanks RBoy. I used the ProcessExplorer to track down the process that locked the dup- file. It was Dupllicati, a backup software. It was configured to backup the Media folder and copy it to Google. However, it trying to build a volume file in the temp folder and then move that to Google Drive. Not what I intended, and obviously not possible since the Media folder even compressed, is much larger than the remaining space on the disk. Need to find another tool to copy the Media Folder to Google Drive to update the cloud version of Plex.
Thanks,
Thomas.

1 Like