ERROR> --> Unable to open INI file. Error : SharpConfig.ParserException: Line 7277: closing bracket missing

I recently upgraded from 2.4.6 to 2.4.7 (and then to 2.4.8 beta, to try and solve this problem, but the issue persists). MCEBuddy seemed to install successfully and the service also starts up, but no files get picked up (I tried adding new files manually to my monitor locations also). The following error is repeated multiple times in the log (mcebuddy.log, there are no log files created. History is also empty):

INFORMATION> --> MCEBuddy Running as Service : True
ERROR> --> Unable to open INI file. Error : SharpConfig.ParserException: Line 7277: closing bracket missing.
   at SharpConfig.ConfigurationReader.ParseSection(String line, Int32 lineNumber)
   at SharpConfig.ConfigurationReader.Parse(StringReader reader, Configuration config)
   at SharpConfig.ConfigurationReader.ReadFromString(String source)
   at MCEBuddy.Util.Ini..ctor(String file)
ERROR> 2017-08-03T18:55:18 MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager --> Unable to search for files in location <REDACTED> for monitor task <REDACTED>
ERROR : Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
ERROR> --> Unable to open INI file. Error : SharpConfig.ParserException: Line 7277: closing bracket missing.
   at SharpConfig.ConfigurationReader.Parse(StringReader reader, Configuration config)
ERROR> 2017-08-03T18:55:18 MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager --> Unable to search for files in location <REDACTED> for monitor task <REDACTED>
ERROR> 2017-08-03T19:16:40 MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager --> Unable to search for files in location <REDACTED> for monitor task <REDACTED>
ERROR> 2017-08-03T19:16:40 MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager --> Unable to search for files in location <REDACTED> for monitor task <REDACTED>

Looks like you have an invalid configuration InI file. You’re missing a closing bracket in one of your section names. Attach your configuration files or you may want to do a clean install.

Thanks for the suggestion. It was the “history” file actually. I spent a lot of time in troubleshooting and replacing profiles and conf files, to no avail. It turns out the history file had some weird latin codepage characters on a particular line which was causing the issue.
If I may make a couple of suggestions:

• It would be helpful if the error logs also print the name of the file which failed parsing
  • In addition, if possible, maybe you can print the debug/error logs of the parsing library? This would probably print information about the offending line, character which can help pin point the issue

Great program; keep up the good work!

Good suggestion.

If you have the history file please email it to us so we can analyze it and add it to our test suite.

Sure. I wasn’t sure which email address to use, so I have sent you a PM with the file.

1 Like

After MCEbuddy running fine all afternoon and having encoded a bunch of files, I’m suddenly getting the same error mentioned by the OP when I try to reconvert the same files. Have tried both clicking ‘add’ and drag-and-dropping. Log comes up with the above mentioned error. Strange.

Edit: So I tried a repair install which says it failed to it already existing. Said it canceled. Rebooted and found all my profile are gone. $#!7!! What a pain the balls.

Still getting error:
ERROR> --> Unable to open INI file. Error : SharpConfig.ParserException: Line 1: setting assignment expected.
at SharpConfig.ConfigurationReader.ParseSetting(String line, Int32 lineNumber)
at MCEBuddy.Util.Ini…ctor(String file)

your configuration files are corrupted. do a clean install

Getting the same error as the OP. I have done 2 clean installs now, to no avail.
I have attached the MCEbuddy.log

mcebuddy.log (52.7 KB)

That indicates a corrupted configuration file. When you say you did a clean install, did you just uninstall and reinstall or did you follow the steps here?

And I also notice that you’re set the root directory as Z:\ - are you sure that’s what you wanted because MCEBuddy doesn’t appear to have permissions to that root folder:

ERROR> 2018-05-20T10:59:27 MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager → Unable to search for files in location Z:\ for monitor task All Rec