Conversions taking 4-7 hours on Windows 7

I started to see that the conversions were taking 4-7 hours. I searched for the issue and saw that some had success changing from MP4 high quality to normal. I have been using the 2 pass profile for some time. I changed the profile to normal and that does not seem to have helped. I took a look at the logs and see that it does not think that a user is logged in. I remote into the my WMC box and lock it before I disconnect. I have been locking the desktop for some time and do not remember seeing it effect the duration of the conversion. Is locking the desktop causing MCEBuddy to throw the no user is logged in error?Cold Justice_OXYHD_2018_10_06_18_00_01.wtv-Convert to MP4-2018-10-07T15-06-53.4619965-04-00.log (2.5 MB)

Yes you’re on the right track, your hardware encoding is not starting.

ERROR> 2018-10-07T15:11:11 → StartAppWithAdminPrivilegesFromNonUISession WTSQueryUserToken failed (No logged on users) with error 1008. An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist.
WARNING> 2018-10-07T15:11:11 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Handbrake → Unable to create UI Session process with Admin Privileges from NonUI Session. Is any user logged on?
WARNING> 2018-10-07T15:11:11 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Handbrake → Retrying process creation as a NonUI Session process with Admin privileges
WARNING> 2018-10-07T15:11:11 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Handbrake → Some functions like hardware encoding may not work in this mode

You’re using a Windows 7 machine if I’m correct and it requires one user logged in at all time to use hardware encoding. It could be because you’ve locked the session but usually it should work as long as a user is logged in (on the terminal or remotely).

It could also be related to the a recent service patch in Windows 7 which broke hardware encoding for another user. You can try to uninstall the patch and see if that fixes your issue or try to start the MCEBuddy engine from the Start Menu as a command line engine (which again requires you to be logged in).