Choppy MP4 output from WTV

Using MCEBuddy 2.3 to remove commercials and convert to either MP4 or AVI results in unusable jerky/choppy output. I’ve read this is a known problem but can not understand how to fix. Is the problem fixed in the latest donate version?

I’m disappointed in the lack of response to this problem. Is this an indication of the kind of support I would get if I donated? Is there a better way to get help with this problem? Does anyone know if it is fixed in the newest release?

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I don’t respond to posts in the support forum that can’t follow the basic help guidelines. I’m not even sure if you have this problem or have looked and heard about someone having a problem before you upgrade.

This is what I am talking about from Welcome to MCEBuddy - README BEFORE POSTING:

If you can’t find answers for your question, start a new post in the appropriate category and explain in detail the issue, how to replicate the problem and attach the log files in your post (make sure log files are set to DEBUG). * .

1 Like

I did read the “Welcome to MCEBuddy - Read me before posting” and don’t understand your objection. Maybe you can be more specific?

Sure. Here are some specifics.

Where’s your log? I can see lot of issues from your log as to why your video may be choppy but I don’t have a log. It could be a hardware issue, a network drive issue, hardware encoding could be set up but your hardware doesn’t support that.

Are you trying to watch the choppy video via a wifi device, hardwired, a desktop, etc.? Is it choppy viewing local or remote?

Where’s it choppy at? What program is it chopping in? Is it choppy when you use it on VLC, how about Windows Media Player? Maybe you are watching your choppy video through Roku Media Player or some other platform.

If it’s choppy on A but not B maybe there’s a problem with A’s program’s, etc.

These are things I will never know because you didn’t specify a problem, what you were doing when the problem happened, or post logs.

Why should I respond to Using MCEBuddy 2.3 to remove commercials and convert to either MP4 or AVI results in unusable jerky/choppy output and put an hour getting these questions out of you to help solve a problem that may be MCEBuddy’s problem or user setup error/hardware error on your part when you could have followed a simple directive to get support from free, unpaid users and/or the developers.

This is especially true since you just said you read Welcome to MCEBuddy - Read me before posting which said If you can’t find answers for your question, start a new post in the appropriate category and explain in detail the issue, how to replicate the problem and attach the log files in your post (make sure log files are set to DEBUG).

As I said, I don’t speak for anyone else, but I saw your original post 11 days and just passed right by it. I am speaking as a user, not affiliated with MCEBuddy, years of using MCEBuddy and helping people solve problems as well as getting help with problems I run into from time to time.

If you would like to be more specific about a problem with a choppy video, I’d be more than happy to give it whirl.