Not correctly identifying non ac3 audio in profile parameters

Try as I may, I simply am not finding any instance where the parameters specified in “handbrake-audio=” are being referenced during the encoding process. For example, I am attempting to encode a large number of .MKV files to a MP4 container and would like to copy the single AAC 2-channel audio tracks without re-encoding. In every instance, regardless of my “handbrake-audio=” parameters, the conversion jobs reference the audioac3 parameters in any and all of the profiles I have created and utilized. Here are a couple example syntaxes I have used to no avail:

handbrake-audio=-E copy -R auto -B 0 -D 0 --audio-copy-mask aac,mp3 --audio-fallback faac (or fdk_aac)
handbrake-audio=-a 1 -E copy -R auto -B 0 -D 0
handbrake-audio=-E copy -R auto -B 0 -D 0 -a 1
handbrake-audio=-a 1 -E copy:aac -R auto -B 0 -D 0
handbrake-audio=-E copy:aac -R auto -B 0 -D 0 -a 1

I’m at a loss at this point and would really like to avoid having to re-encode the aac audio stream. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Let me add that if I comment out the “handbrake-audioac3=” line, the conversion utilizes the “handbrake-audio=” parameters flawlessly. Not working solution however as that profile is processing both single audio 2-channel videos as well as multiple audio channel videos with varying audio codecs (I love handbrake’s audio copy masks and fallback feature). As a point of reference here is a copy of one of my profiles:

order=handbrake
handbrake-general=–decomb=“fast” --loose-anamorphic --modulus 2 --markers -f mp4 -O --vfr --verbose=1
handbrake-video=-e x264 -q 14 -x me=umh:level=4.0:mixed-refs=0:vbv-bufsize=5000:vbv-maxrate=2500:rc-lookahead=10:ref=1:bframes=2:subme=2:8x8dct=0:cabac=0:trellis=0:deblock=-1,-1:threads=auto
handbrake-audio=-E copy -R auto -B 0 -D 0 -a 1
handbrake-audioac3=-a 1,1 -E fdk_aac,copy -6 stereo,none -R Auto,Auto -B 128,0 --aname=“Stereo”,“Surround” --audio-copy-mask aac,ac3,mp3 --audio-fallback ffac3
handbrake-ext=.mp4
handbrake-audiodelay=skip
PreConversionCommercialRemover=true

<encoder>-audio is used when the source file has non AC3 audio and <encoder-audioac3> is used when the source file has ac3 audio.

I’m assuming in your case your source has ac3 audio. Usually unless you want different handling for them you set them to both to the same parameters.

See profile basics for details:

The source audio is AAC 2 channel. Here is the mediainfo output on a video that is consistant with the others that are not referencing handbrake-audio= perameters. All of these videos have a single AAC 2.0 audio stream:

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Main@L4
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame
Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=48
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration : 43 min 19 s
Bit rate : 4 096 kb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Variable
Frame rate : 23.976 FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.082
Stream size : 1.24 GiB (98%)
Writing library : x264 core 120
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=1 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x1:0x111 / me=hex / subme=6 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=0 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=0 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=0 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=8 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=48 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=0 / intra_refresh=0 / rc=abr / mbtree=0 / bitrate=4096 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
Default : Yes
Forced : No

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile : LC
Codec ID : A_AAC
Duration : 43 min 19 s
Bit rate : 96.0 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 44.1 kHz
Frame rate : 43.066 FPS (1024 spf)
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 29.7 MiB (2%)
Default : Yes
Forced : No

Please attach or PM (private message, click on my name and click on message) me your conversion log.

So here’s the issue, you’re using a custom profile but it isn’t being registered with MCEBuddy

→ Profile being used : TV MP4 Video - High Quality (VBR 3K).
Profile entries →

Profiles.conf is returning blank when MCEBuddy tries to read it. There could 2 reasons for this:

1. Profile doesn’t exist (check the name, it has to be an exact match
  2. Simplify the name, remove special characters, dots etc from the profile name, save profiles.conf, REOPEN the conversion task settings, select the “new” corrected name profile again and click Ok and Ok again.

To simply things and hopefully expedite a solution I opted to do a fresh install of MCEBuddy thereby starting from scratch with a fresh mcebuddy.conf and profiles.conf.

I utilized the default profile “MP4 Normal” without any changes to its perameters. Once again, the task is referencing “handbrake-audioac3=”. I have attached the log file and profiles.conf for your reference. profiles.conf (96.7 KB)
Dark Matter - S03E02 - It Doesn’t Have to Be Like This.mkv-TV MP4 VBR 3K-2017-06-15T05-22-23.0811059-07-00.log (1.4 MB)

1 Like

Attached log of another test conversion withWahlburgers - S03E03 - Should I Stay Orr Should I Go.mkv-TV MP4 VBR 3K-2017-06-15T06-10-21.6962883-07-00.log (1.1 MB)
different .mkv source with single AAC 2.0 audio stream. Same results as it continues to reference audioac3 profile parameters :disappointed:

1 Like

You’re correct, I’m going to move this to the Bug thread and we’ll investigate / fix it.

Fixed in today’s 2.4.7 BETA build. Try it out and let us know if there are any problems.

Great catch, seeing a real bug after a long time.

Working like a champ now. Thank you very much.

1 Like